Lot et Garonne is situated in the heart of Foie Gras, the prunes and hazelnuts region with many beautiful medieval towns and villages, local markets and of course - the stunning river Lot.
Towns & Villages
- Bergerac, an attractive old town which runs down to the banks of the river, with plenty of restaurants and small shops to explore.
- Clairac, a nearby town with several attractions.
- Cancon village.
- Monpazier, known as one of the most beautiful villages in France. It has preserved its medieval centre almost intact; it is almost like stepping back 600 years.
- The Walibi Aquitaine theme park, is a large theme park near Agen; the park offers roller coasters, water slides and rides, pirate boats and shows.
- Children's animal farm.
- Children's petting farm, for a full day out on the farm la ferme exotique has lots of animals to see, camel and pony rides, horse drawn carriage and train rides, children's play parks, and a fun circus act.
- A waterllily nursery.
- Caves for the lovers of caves, stalagmites and stalactites!
- Chateaux & wine tasting.
- Aquarium, a very good aquarium the kids will love, featuring over 6000 fish, Iguana park and crazy golf
- Parc en Ciel, this is a tree top adventure where you can walk along ropes at the top of the trees. There are different levels of challenges, dependant on your size and bravado. There are also animals and amusements for those children too small to go into the trees.
- Aqua Park, just outside of Bergerac there is an Aqua park, offering four swimming pools with water chutes. Also available is bike hire, archery and mini-quads. There is also another water park situated in Villeneuve-sur-Lot, which is a 30 minute drive from Le Moulin.
- Man-made beach at Lougratte. A 10 minute drive from Le Moulin is the village of Lougratte. It has a large sandy man-made beach surrounded by a large grass area for children to play. The lake is normally manned by life guards and is great for swimming or cooling off. There is a large children's play park, water chute and boat hire. Dotted around the lake there are picnic tables where you can enjoy your lunch, and there is a cafe and snack bar. This has always proved to be a popular day out with our guests.
Things to do
- Go-Karting, in Bergerac there is a large go-cart track; carts are available for children and adults.
- 9 & 18 Hole golf courses.
Details of local golf courses
- Canoeing on the Dordogne, for a few euros you can hire a canoe on the Dordogne. Several companies operate along the Dordogne, which will drive you up stream and you can canoe back. There are several places to stop off for a picnic on the banks, and for a paddle or swim.
- Boat rides on the river Lot and the Dordogne.
- Wine Tasting, the area is famous for its wine. There are many places to stop off to buy and sample many of the locally produced wines.
- Horse riding, there are various sites throughout the area that offer horse riding and pony trekking.
- Car hire - there are many options for hiring a car for your stay:
- Equipment hire - to save having to bring everything with you, you can hire the things you need locally:
- www.letuslook.com offer local hire of children's equipment, such as car seats, buggys and cots.
- Shopping - there are many major supermarkets in the nearby towns of Villeneuve-sur-Lot and Bergerac.
We have details of all these attractions and more available on request.
Click here for photos taken of places nearby.
Please note that the links on this page link to external sites, the content of which we are not responsible for!